Monday, August 4, 2014

Jeans, top, pants, and a dress...

I had a busy week last week. For some reason, I went on a sewing binge... I started sewing for myself in December of last year, so I have to catch up :)
Inspired by many beautiful, so talented, and supremely elegant bloggers like JulieLizzy, and Sophie , I made a Tessuti kimono, one Kanerva top, one Hemlock tee, one pair of Anima pants, and one pair of Jamie jeans, yes, jeans! Yay!
First the jeans:
I used a stretch denim from Mood Fabrics, lovely to work with but not too stretchy. I made a size 6 US, and took in about one inch from hips to knee.



Next my Kanerva top...
I added about 11 inches to the Kanerva, because I don't wear cropped tops and at my age, it is not a good idea to show belly skin :) I used a striped jersey from Girlcharlee, very soft and stretchy, super comfy.

Next, the Anima pants. Love, love love...
I used a gray ponte knit from Mood Fabrics, soft and comfortable with a little bit of stretch. I shamelessly copied Julie's look for the Anima. This was a very easy make and I will definitely make more.

Lastly, a little beach dress I made back in June to take to France. I did wear it once to the beach :). The print is a stretchy ponte knit from Girlcharlee, and the pattern is the Lane slip from Named. Very easy to make, although I had to take in a big wedge under the arms.

A final note about the pictures:
I just learned- by trial and error, mostly error- to use the timer on my camera. I had to run back and forth from the camera to my spot, and did not always have the time to "fix" my clothes (as in the last picture, could have pulled the dress down a bit). While running back and forth, I stepped on my glasses (which will earn me a trip to the eye doctor), and then the battery just died....grrrrr.
I am buying a remote shutter thingie for next time. 
Thanks for stopping by...
Genevieve

1 comment:

  1. fantastic color fabric top.....
    clik it...: http://www.weaveron.com/

    ReplyDelete